City of Hughson Business License Information
1. Complete all pages of our Business License Application (all sections of the application must be completed).
2. The following must be submitted along with your completed application:
- In Jurisdiction Checklist
3. Please submit your completed application, in person, or by mail, to:
City of Hughson
Attn: Business License
7018 Pine Street/P.O. Box 9
Hughson, Ca 95326
4. Please allow 3-4 weeks for approval. Once your license has been approved, the Business License Department will contact you.
Business License Fees
The following business license fees are not due until your application has been approved. Every person who engages in business within the City, or who has a fixed place of business within City limits, is required to pay a license fee as follows:
|6 or more full time employees||$10 per employee|
|Out of Jurisdiction||$100|
|SB 1186 Compliance Fee**||$4|
SB 1186 COMPLIANCE**
On September 19, 2012 Governor Brown signed into law SB 1186 which adds a state fee of $1 on any applicant for a local business license or renewal. The purpose is to increase disability access and compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements and to develop educational resources for businesses in order to facilitate compliance with federal and state disability laws, as specified. This fee is a state-mandated fee and cannot be waived for any business. This fee applies to all businesses, including home occupations, any outside company doing business within the city limits, and delivery vehicles. Effective January 1, 2018, this fee was increased from $1 to $4, per application and renewal.
***Massage Therapy License
Please contact the Business License Department at 209-883-4054 for information regarding obtaining your license.